[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4512: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4513: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Insulation Discussion Forum • View topic - Krendl 500 Insulation Blower - Video

Krendl 500 Insulation Blower - Video

Our "how to" video library showing you how to insulate and air seal your home. While you may decide to hire a professional be sure you understand the importance of doing the job right.

Krendl 500 Insulation Blower - Video

Postby krendlguy » Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:35 am

This is a review of my Krendl 500. I love this machine, and I paid about $7,000 after doing a bit of shopping around.

I primarily retrofit old houses with dense packed cellulose insulation in plaster walls. If you are dense packing into newer homes with 1/2 inch drywall make sure you play around with your blower speed and material feed settings or you'll start popping the drywall off the walls. This machine is also great for open blowing attics, wet cellulose spraying and packing behind insulweb and other insulation netting before the finished surface.

If you want a heavy duty machine that can really blow the insulation I think you'll appreciate this machine. I have the double blower with single input 240 volt - 30 amp cord. If you are working on a house without a 240 volt dryer outlet you'll need to add one or run a generator. If you run a generator make sure it can consistently provide 230+ volts, or you'll damage your new Krendl insulation blower.
krendlguy

Advertisement

Re: Krendl 500 Insulation Blower - Video

Postby goingreen » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:26 pm

We use the Krendl 500 insulation blower machine also, but we don't mess with the dryer/range hook ups. We bought the 8,000W Rigid generator from Home Depot for $1,300 and it does a great job. Keeps steady voltage at 230 + and its not too loud.
goingreen

Postby krendlguy » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:19 am

After dealing with long extension cords, 4 different conversion plugs (30 amp dryer - 3 and 4 prong, 50 amp range - 3 and 4 prong) and a few home owners that refused to let me tap into their circuit/fuse panel we purchased a generator also. It was a wise investment and has saved us a ton of time. We can now park our insulation trailer anywhere and the krendl insulation blower never has to leave the trailer.
krendlguy

Postby dt8 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:12 pm

I purchased a Krendl 500 from a friend I know. It only ran 18 bags before I bought it. I have since ran 400-500 bags, and ran into some serious problems. Three of the bolts backed themselves right out of the shaft in the airlock, which caused one of the seal plates to break off inside my airlock (it only had one remaining bolt holding it in). I contacted Krendl and they told me htat there was nothing they could do for me because the machine was sold to a distributor three years ago. It has only had about three months of running time! I am very disappointed about the service and quality from Krendl in regards to this machine. I would not recommend this to anyone. The website reads that it can blow 700 lbs of fiberglass an hour, but it never even got over 500, and that was based on their exact specs. Maybe I just got a bad machine, but based on the performance of this one I will never buy another Krendl
dt8

Return to Videos: Informational Videos about Insulating and Air Sealing