[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4512: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4513: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Insulation Discussion Forum • View topic - Spray Foam Problems? Diagnosis Video

Spray Foam Problems? Diagnosis Video

Our "how to" video library showing you how to insulate and air seal your home. While you may decide to hire a professional be sure you understand the importance of doing the job right.

Spray Foam Problems? Diagnosis Video

Postby foamer » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:00 pm

Here is a great little video from Versi-Foam Systems. They talk about all the common problems a person can have when applying their two part closed cell spray foam. They sell it in the portable kits that are readily available to the general public. A 600 sq-ft kit offering theoretical coverage at 1" thickness sells for $650-695 plus shipping.

Nothing is more disappointing than watching your rising spray foam turn to syrup a few minutes later because your tanks are too hot. Sometimes the foam is mysteriously brownish in tone and turns crispy (too cold). This system comes with an attached thermometer (like on a fish tank) and it can help you determine if your tanks are at a good temperature.

Of course, the temperature may drop as the A and B components pass through a 30 foot hose, or the surface temperature you are spraying on may be to cold too.
foamer

Advertisement

Re: Spray Foam Problems? Diagnosis Video

Postby socold » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:09 pm

I talked to the Touch-N-Seal rep in my area and he said EPA requirements cause the formulas in these 2 part foam kits to change all the time. In my experience the stuff used to stick to anything, but now it curls way from any surface that is cold or when sprayed on to thick. I haven't tried the Dow product because it costs about $200 more per 600-board foot kit. Has anyone had more success with Dow?
socold

Return to Videos: Informational Videos about Insulating and Air Sealing