[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4512: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4513: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Insulation Discussion Forum • View topic - All Cellulose is Not Created Equal

All Cellulose is Not Created Equal

Our "how to" video library showing you how to insulate and air seal your home. While you may decide to hire a professional be sure you understand the importance of doing the job right.

All Cellulose is Not Created Equal

Postby Energy Man » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:21 am

Cross Referenced Here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=163

I have never used the brand of cellulose insulation on the left, but I have purchased Green Fiber cellulose from Menard's when in a pinch last year. The quality was awful and it was not a 100% borate formula, smelled like ammonia, and a few bags where damp inside. With every bag I was amazed at how much junk was in the bag, and how large the pieces were.
Energy Man

Advertisement

Re: All Cellulose is Not Created Equal

Postby robhelms » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:27 pm

We buy about two to three full truckloads of Greenfiber per month, we buy the borate stabilized and find it a very consistant and solid product. I have used other brands in the past and see very little difference in the products. The greenfiber bags i see out here at Home Depot are smaller and not the borate stabilized version I have not tried. Greenfiber is a Louisiana Pacific company and is the dominate supplier in the country. They make over 60% of all cellulose made in the US. That is the reason i suspect JM used their product in the testing. I am currently running down who did the testing and will post those results as soon as i have them.
robhelms

Return to Videos: Informational Videos about Insulating and Air Sealing